logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nkWhiteStar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:35:48 PM(UTC)
nkWhiteStar

Groups: Time Lord, Red Shirt, Registered, Brown Coat
Man
Ireland

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It's safe to say that Digital Noise is a hell of a good place to find out about great movies to check out, either to buy on Blu Ray or check out on TV. So which have been your favourites and why? Also if you purchased the Blu Rays / boxsets, what did you think of them?

One of the Blu Rays I got after hearing about it was the Universal Anniversary Edition of "To Kill a Mockingbird" which was nothing short of outstanding to see for the first time in such a quality restoration. The extra features are great too, well worth the purchase to take a look at. :)
Composite Who Horrible  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:58:12 PM(UTC)
Composite Who Horrible

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The show was very influential in helping me pick out movies to buy for Christmas. In particular when they announced the release of 'Pacific Rim' and The 'Little Mermaid' I was able to nab them without my wife knowing. It made for a great Christmas reveal (Little Mermaid at least, Pacific Rime was mine, all mine!).
As for best recommendation, I know it was made on this show per sey, but because it was given during the "other show" on the "other site" I think it counts. I refer of course to 'Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles'. I never would have thought to pick up this flick in a million years if it hadn't been for Brian and Chris. Highly recommend checking it out. ThumpUp
UserPostedImage
Commander Armstrong  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 8:56:47 PM(UTC)
Commander Armstrong

Groups: Red Shirt, Registered, Brown Coat
Man
United States

This show (currently and under its' previous title) has basically been my gateway into Asian cinema. I've lost track of the number of films I found on Netflix that I remember being recommended by the Digital Noise crew. Most recently I saw Merantau, which was a little slow at the beginning but had lived up to the praise the crew gave it by the end.

In regards to Blu-Rays I've purchased because of this show, Akira 25th Anniversary Edition was the last thing I bought. Just about to go pop it into the player now!

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2014 8:58:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I need to reread this before posting.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer." (Douglas Adams)
Raymond Payne  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 12:20:33 AM(UTC)
Raymond Payne

Man
Canada

I picked up a few over the holidays based on the gents at Digital Noise. Rise of the Guardians has to be one of the best animated movies I've seen on quite some time and I kick myself for not seeing it in the theater. I also grabbed the Scream Factory release of "Prince of Darkness", along with the 30th Anniversary Edition of "Blade Runner".
Spinynorman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
Spinynorman

Man
Australia

Attack The Block, Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Chronicle were three really fun genre films that I remember being recommended by Digital Noise (back when it was called that other thing) and for all three I am eternally grateful. I also remember picking up The Warriors all those years ago because the whole spill crew spoke very highly of it and obtaining that Japanese movie Fish Story because it made somebodies year end list and the premise really intrigued me.
Other Barry  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:26:06 PM(UTC)
Other Barry

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've picked up the hobbit
Hannibal season 1
And man of steel
And for the most part I do not regret purchasing them

Ps. If you have not seen Drug Wars another really good Asian film then it is worth the watch because it is Insane.
nkWhiteStar  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:35:38 PM(UTC)
nkWhiteStar

Man
Ireland

Originally Posted by: Spinynorman Go to Quoted Post
Attack The Block, Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Chronicle were three really fun genre films that I remember being recommended by Digital Noise (back when it was called that other thing) and for all three I am eternally grateful. I also remember picking up The Warriors all those years ago because the whole spill crew spoke very highly of it and obtaining that Japanese movie Fish Story because it made somebodies year end list and the premise really intrigued me.

Ooh, I forgot about Attck the Block, I didn't end up buying it but Digital Noise / previous show really centred me in on renting it, and looking for other movies similur to it. :)

nkWhiteStar  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:22:54 PM(UTC)
nkWhiteStar

Man
Ireland

This one was from the previous show (and I think the LEOG too), but every time I heard about "Dazed and Confused" I moved it up my wish list so I wouldn't forget it. Finally saw it last night and wow.... I am glad I paid attention. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply